Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What Blows Between a Horse's Ears...

This past weekend I was a sad sack.  Friday was wrapped in warm blue skies with light breezes that harmonized with the song birds.  Work was three days out of sight with no major domestic duties to tie up my time.  My morning had nothing for me to do except for going for a ride on the beach with Cindy and her horse Syria.   I sulked around the ranch as I fed the horses and got Autumn settled in her stall for breakfast. There was not  a single second that morning that I was I excited to go to the beach.  Excuses swirled through my head to get out of going.  I just wanted to go home, pull the blankets over my head and sleep until the weekend was over. I took out my phone to cancel the ride when the little voice inside me intercepted the call.  Are you kidding me?  Suck it up, get your saddle, shove your horse in the trailer and get your butt on the beach!
Okay! Alright! Fine, I'll go! 
Before I knew it,  Autumn and I were strolling beside the Pacific ocean as it unfurled itself at our feet.  I eventually climbed onto Autumn.  She carried me in my oblivion as she splashed happily in the surf and shuffled after the seagulls.  Finally, we reached our turn around point where Autumn normally kicks it into warp speed to get back to the trailer.  But today she stopped and stood still.   I lifted up my eyes and this is what I saw...
The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.
 ~Arabian Proverb
...And right away, I was glad I went...
... I was grateful for my great friend Autumn, who had carried me out of my darkness and into her light...I was grateful to Cindy for always giving me a lift into a better day!

Thanks for reading! If you would like to be added to my mailing list please email me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com.
Copyright (c) 2012 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com

15 comments:

  1. Awesome, we live in a beautiful area! So lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a spectacular photo. I know what those days feel like my friend... when you just don't have the energy. But going out for a walk in God's creation NEVER disappoints. It's the best medicine and it always turns out to be the best part of the day. You said it so well, "out of your darkness and into her light." What a great story and photo for your BOOK! Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linked to the GGDHR facebook page! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I too am at the darkness edge these days, not even wanting to go out, sans clothes, and see my shadow of the moon's glow. Tears rolled down my cheek, hurting for the great goddesses I know who did not go to the beach. You have given us courage to at least feel that we are not alone in that one feeling. there is great love here for you on a crisp winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspirational! OK, I'm gonna "Cowgirl Up" and get my big boy to the beach today. Nature is always a healing space for all of us critters suffering from the winter doldrums...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riding my Charlie always makes me feel better. Beautiful picture captures the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as your alive with breath in your lungs there is the possibility to ride in any race in life you wish! Easier said than done so good for you for kicking your duldrums away for the beauty of the ride! I can picture the strands of gold in your long hair as the sun caught you in its light. Just like the fog entwinded with the sun so goes life itself.
    Love Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea wrote: "...ain't that the truth."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your essay (and the photo!!!) - as always.
    ~Ansmom

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to feel that it's okay to feel this way sometimes. It's also nice to know we're not alone when we are feeling in the dumps.
    :-)mags

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we all get a bit down and want to just crawl under the covers. But you did the right thing and saw beauty in what was in front of your eyes --- life. Sometimes when I'm down, I think if your free spirit, your laughter and zest for life. Please continue to provide that to yourself and the rest of us. Love, Uncle Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Margaret.... she carried me out of my darkness and into her light....wow
    ~CL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really good line...............wrapped in warm blue skies (etc.) and lift into a better day. Very creative.

    I think that this one was one of your best blogs.

    ~se

    ReplyDelete
  14. We all have those days, it just shows that if we go out and do our passion on those days, we become happy and content!! Great honest story!!. Love laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clearly this is exactly what I refer to a fascinating article! Do you this portal for your private aims exclusively or you basically use it as an additional source of income?

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.