Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Day To The Next

Last week, each day seemed to have something break, not go on fire, leave for a fire, not shock and then get shocked.  We had an eleven o'clock appointment for a bull to come in to get semen tested.  So, first thing I did that morning was to pull out the ejaculator and charge up.  At 10 o'clock, I decided to just check that it was all ready perform and... it  wasn't.  There wasn't a charge to be aroused.  I told the doctor the ejaculator wasn't going to make any memories that day and ran for the phone.  

Piece of crap ejaculator!

The clients that were coming in had to round up their 2000 plus pound crazy hill bull, load him in the trailer and drive a switch backed road from hell for an hour to make it to our office.  I called their house and his wife said he was on his way.  I tried his cell phone but it went straight to voice mail.  Crap.  He pulled up an hour later and we had to tell him we wouldn't be able to get our end of the bargain up.  Next thing I know, I'm online trying to figure out where the hell you get an ejaculator fixed.  Let's just say you need to be real specific on your search phrasing when the word ejaculator is in it. I also wouldn't recommend hitting the image selection unless you have really narrowed down your search.  Eventually, I did find the right place to send it and and off the ejaculator went on the wings of the postal service. 
     Now Tuesday, I told myself on the way to work, was going to be a better day.  It started off plainly enough then all of a sudden two bright red fire engines pulled up in front of the office.  I gave the look around over my shoulder.  No smoke.  Next thing you know I have six young firefighters, in uniforms standing around me.  The doctor walked in after them, coming back from a farm appointment, and gave me the raised eyebrow.  They explained that they wanted a tour of the office in case there was a fire and they needed to get in to rescue the animals. I graciously showed these young heroes around the office and walked them outside pointing out this and that.  Then a white pickup swerved into the parking lot and screeched to a halt right beside us.  It was my husband.  He was driving by and saw the trucks and sped in to see if everything was alright.  When he found out that there wasn't a fire he gave me "the look".  When the firefighters left I gave him a call to explain what was going on.  He said "Yeah I saw you.  You were having a real life  fantasy." 
No... no...That's a ridiculous thing to say.  I'm mean come on.  A real life fantasy? Please!  I have better things to fantasize about like figuring out how to get an ejaculator fixed.  
     The rest of the week was filled with helping sick goats get back up on their feet again, getting dragged around by mules, spinning blood samples without the cover on and exploding the test tubes in the centrifuge machine, getting hung up on the electric fence at the ranch by my back pack and having to find a stick to whack it off with while getting repeatedly shocked at 6 am...Up and down, up and down...the whole week was like that. 
    By the end of the week my husband got a phone call that he was going to have to travel eight hours east of us to fight a wildfire...in a uniform.  He'll do anything to make me happy! 
My Real Life Fantasy.   I love you Casey!


 If you would like to be added to my mailing list please email me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com
Copyright (c) 2011 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com

9 comments:

  1. The entire time I was picturing the look on Casey's face....priceless! It is a good thing he has to wear a uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another boring day at the office, right Margaret?? ~Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, renting the fire truck and uniform was expensive, but totally worth it.
    Glad I was able to end up in your fantasy in the end.
    What about the part where I jumped out of my truck and gave noogies to all six swooning fire fighters at once, then kicked 'em in the pants and told 'em to scram.
    ...Wait maybe that was my fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Details please.
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it! You can turn any day ( or week) into a funny story and I miss that! I need you over here by us. Thank you for the house warming package, it made me laugh on a day that I was having a hard time adjusting, it was just what we needed!
    A.P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any video?
    -Anne C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life is never dull Margaret. Most of us will go a whole lifetime without knowing anything about an ejaculator for bulls. But, thanks to your blog now we know. I like your comment under the picture of the ejaculator "Piece of crap Ejaculator." I don't think I'll try a google search, I just might end up in prison or something!!!
    Hope Casey has survived the firemen's visit and the fire east of Blue Lake!!!
    love aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny, love your play on words. Nice work Casey! Your story made me think of my week yes it was one of those weeks, earthquake, hurricane, car broke down and throw in a root canal, But thanks to you I can see some humor in it. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story, as always. i am so amused when i read about your life with animals. It is always a education.thankyou. Love Laura

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.