Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Washed Away

I roll over and beat another five minute snooze out of the alarm clock before I jump on to the freight train that stops at the routine of my life. Wake up, feed the cats, get dressed, feed the horses, go to work, spend 9 hours getting flabby in the office, stop at the post office, feed the horses, go home, feed the cats, again, feed the dog and eventually my husband and myself.  After all that's done I  get everything ready for the next day and I fall over.  Next day...repeat. Dot…dot…dot…
Lately, the weight of my routine has been slowly crushing the hope that has filled my dreams.“Let me get my violin.” is what my mom would say to that. And she’s right.  I’ve got nothing to complain about...But, I still get stuck in dumps once and I while and that’s when I go and find Autumn.  She carries me away from the loneliness of not having my family near, from my inventory mistakes at work, from my jeans fitting too tight, from the bills that need to be paid, from the gibber jabber at the ranch.  All that gets  left behind in her giant hoof prints as she carries me away.

Then it's just me and her. 


No dreams needed.

Autumn takes me to a place where all of my troubles get washed away.
She never asks for anything in return.
She's just there for me.
And life is good again.

Thanks for reading!  If you would like to be added to the mailing list contact me at jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com
Copyright (c) 2011 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com

10 comments:

  1. And this, in the end, is why I have horses. All the rest is fun, but the way they can make 'stuff' go away and make you happy again, is priceless and worth EVERYTHING :)
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be very special to love a horse. Touching story, Margaret.
    love aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know life is a struggle sometimes I am happy you have Autumn to help you through it. You remind me how we all need something to get out of our heads. Hold on to your dreams. Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for horses! I felt so much better yesterday after spending some time with Shiloh. I can't wait until I get done with work today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all need a passion , that we love to do and that nurtures our spirit ! You and Autumn give that to each other, you are both blessed. love Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find there are two kinds of people. One who defines who they are by their work. And the other who has interests that go beyond their work. I am the latter.

    Sometimes the daily grind, not a coffee, can get to me. I often feel my life, especially, the mundane day to day responsibility part is like the movie, Groundhog Day.

    I believe people need things that they can look forward to as an oasis, or life preserver. It can be a person, animal friend, hobby or any combination.

    For me bike riding is something I can look forward to. From the moment I finish a ride I am thinking about the next one. I am fortunate to have four wonderful children who I care, love and think about often. I also have a recent person in my life, your mom, who has added so much to my happiness.

    You are very fortunate you have Autumn as a sanctuary for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea wrote: "You speakin the truth, yo. I think anyone who loves a horse can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got home from the Jibber Jabber ranch to read your blog. Very well written. It flowed and was an easy read. Good job! Absolutely loved the line about the train that stops at the routine of your life. It is very imaginative and creative. I like all of your blogs and really liked this one.
    SE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kira wrote: "LOVE IT Very well said."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sis! I have to admit I shed a few tears to this blog! I'm so happy you have Autumn to get you through tough times. P-pants is my Autumn :-) One day you will be close to family,have only one job & have Autumn by your side. love you xoxoxoxoxoxo
    love, katy

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.