Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Did I Forget To Wake Up?

 
     I was supposed to meet with Cindy after work to go over the in's and out's of pet sitting for her over the weekend.  At ten minutes to five I received an emergency call at the veterinary office that we had our second goat C-section coming in.  It was going to be a late night.  After I hung up with the client I called Cindy and  told her that I wasn't going to make it that night.  We decided to meet at 6am the next morning, right before she was set to leave...(side note...the C-section went real well.  We were able to save the momma goat and one of her adorable buckling goat kids).
     My husband, Casey, joined me, at 6am to go over to Cindy's place.  Cindy took us around and showed us what dogs and cats got raw food, which ones got dry, which one ate where...
    Then Cindy took us around to the back of the house and that's when we met...Skittles the goat.  Cindy opened the gate to the pen and Skittles came out struttin' all gangsta style.  He wore a neck chain with a blinged out copper bell swinging low.  As Skittles swaggered past us he dropped out some serious hip hop beats from his bell.  Running behind Skittles was his one goat entourage, Mikey.  Mikey, super cute and floppy eared, traipsed behind the master blaster as Cindy set out their hay.  Skittles walked over to the fresh hay pile and pooped all over it, making it clear that this was his hood.  This was one bad ass goat. 
     Cindy walked us to the car and I hugged her goodbye. As we turned to get in the car Skittles was in the front seat.  I am pretty sure he was trying to hot wire the car. 

Just keep hugging goodbye ladies.  In ten more seconds  Mikey and I will be cruising the block for some hot nanny goats.

  
     After, dragging P-Goatee out of the car, Casey and I decided to head into town to grab a little breakfast before work.  It was about 7am when we got into town.  I parked the car and coming down the street toward us were two hippies.  These weren't just any old hippies.  One hippie wore a green mad-hatter top hat with dreadlocks snaking out from underneath it and they both happened to be leading yaks.  Now the top hat, the yaks...okay sure but...  blasting out of the mad-hatter's boom box slung over his shoulder was the Billy Idol song "White Wedding".
The Yak pack.

    I stood there and wondered if this was really happening or if I had hit snooze button too many times and I was having one of those oversleeping I'm late dreams. When I wasn't able to wake myself up I remembered that I live in Humboldt county and this really isn't weird.  We got breakfast and decided it was a good thing we caught Skittles before he jacked the Honda.  It could've gotten all West Side Story up in here with the Yaks throwing up a turf war with the Goats. 

 Here's a refresher on White Wedding.  Maybe it is a good day to start again.

 Thanks for reading!  Please feel free to send this on to your friends.  If you would like to be added to my mailing list or would like to leave a comment please contact me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.

Copyright (c) 2013 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com June 12, 2013





7 comments:

  1. There is a joy to getting older.. the stranger things get.. the more you can laugh out loud at them and not have to keep your street cred up.. cos what ya have.. ya earned !!

    I just LOVE the idea of the yaks... and the goats for that matter...

    What a wonderful real 'dream' world you had that day...Live... laugh.. and get a top hat Lady...

    Thankyou for once again making my week alot smilier (and yes.. you can make up words too as you get older !!)

    Hugsss
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k. so Billy Idol, Skittles and Mikey beat up the lame smelly hippies and claim the yaks to be part of their clan. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't make this stuff up the most I see in this neck of the woods is people walking and dressing their little rate dogs. Thanks for the great story. Karen

    ReplyDelete


  4. Kristin Mack

    I, too, saw the yak guys for the first time at about 6:30AM crossing the freeway overpass and had nearly the same experience - so bizarre! I thought I'd temporarily gone crazy! Glad to hear I'm not alone.

    Andrea T.B. wrote:
    Funny! I know the yak guys from the shop. They are idiots. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth wrote: "So next week are you going to write about the man who walks his turkeys through Old Town? This is one weird place, that's for sure."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel wrote: "that's awesome how could miss the east coast when you have things like that"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary wrote: "Very funny and very well put together."

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.