Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Have To Do What?

    Working at the veterinary hospital, I have many jobs that when chatting with friends about my day they end up saying "you have to do what?"  Which upon seeing that I'm being serious they then proceed to ask, anyway, "Seriously?"
     My days at work can be comprised of one or more of the following tasks:  scooping up giant poop, looking at poop under a microscope, scrubbing explosive diarrhea off the wall, washing doodey dreadlocks out of tails.  I have to pick up the random horse or goat testicles after castration surgeries.  I have to package up the occasional goat head, cancer growths, blood/snot/urine/poop samples for the lab.  You know, just stuff like that.
     At the start of the week I make up my shopping list of supplies that I need ordered in for the hospital.  I have to order the typical office supplies: printer paper, toner, stationary... Then I have to order the not so typical supplies like: enemas for baby horses, gallons of mineral oil for constipated horses, gallons of pepto for animals with diarrhea and laxatives for goats.  I have to order a fecal flotation solution to make worm eggs float to the top of fecal samples.  I have to order elastrator bands used to castrate sheep, goats and calves.  Then every once and a while I have to order parts for the ejaculator, the device used to stimulate a bull to produce a semen sample (you can read more about this one at It's As Bad As It Sounds Job ). 
    I have to admit, these jobs were not what I was coloring pictures of in elementary school when the teacher asked what I wanted to be when I grew up.  As odd as these jobs can be they are all necessary and have a purpose for the veterinary hospital to run properly, so I don't mind.  But...there is one thing I have to do that just makes my face red.  I put it off until I the manager makes sure to add it to my list.  It's when I have to order...toilet seat covers for the bathroom. 
 I don't know what it is but, when I have to call up the janitorial supply I can barely say it, toilet seat covers.  I stammer like a guy at the check counter who's wife sent him out to buy her tampons.  I make sure I order enough to last a couple of years...to avoid the having to say it...toilet seat covers...twice in one year.
 
Thanks for reading!  I'd like to thank one of our fellow blog readers, Pam (aka Snow Drops) for bestowing Autumn and I with a special blue ribbon.  I love it!  Thank You Pam!!!!
 
 
If you would like to be added to my mailing list or if you would like to leave a comment please email me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.  Please feel free to send this blog on to your friends!
 
Copyright (c) 2012 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com September 26, 2012


6 comments:

  1. Still laughing !!!!!!!!!!!

    The things that life gifts us... .. grins...thanksyou for another wonderful read of laughter !

    Yout title "I Have To Do What?" reminded me a a wonderful Bob Newhardt sketch...actually about tobacco ... and the classic line

    ".... and you do WHAT Walt ? You SET LIGHT to it ??"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YBaiJMnik


    Glad you like the Rosette !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! But next time you call the janitorial supply try asking them for "free cowboy hats"... That's what I thought they were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of 'fecal flotation solution' it sounds handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AhhhhhahahahahahahHHhaHhahhaha I love it!!! Love, Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, you can order parts for the ejaculator, used to stimulate a bull to produce a semen with no problem at all, but toilet seat covers is the dreaded word?
    It must be that your are much more comfortable in the animal world than the human world. Your so funny!!
    I hope you have enough toilet seat covers for a long time.
    love aunt kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUST TOO FUNNY. LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN THE USUAL OFFICE SUPPLY LIST. NEXT TIME YOU NEED TO ORDER THE 't" word let me know I will call for you. Oh and don't forget the office snacks. Thanks for the laugh. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.