Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tree Hugger or Something Like That

     When the end of the summer draws to a close and the grass has been grazed we sometimes get visited by the neighboring ranch's cattle.  Besides some mooing, the cattle pretty much just graze and mind their own business until our neighbors come over to round them up. 
     On one particular day, I headed to the pasture to bring Autumn in.  I gave a whistle which usually sends her running to gate to greet me but, nothing happened.  I figured that she couldn't hear me, so I headed over the hill to hunt her down.  It didn't take me long to find Autumn and the rest of the herd lined up, facing the back fence line.  I gave Autumn another whistle and didn't even get a flicker of an ear.  That was strange.  I walked towards the herd and that's when a I heard a strange low bugling sound.  I came up next to Autumn and followed her stare towards what sounded like a second grader who just got assigned their clarinet for band practice.  There on the other side of the fence line was a bull making love to a bush.  Like the horses, I stood there frozen unable to look away.  I wanted to look away from this consummation between bush and bull but I couldn't. I had to see how this was going to end.
You have very beautiful leaves and your branches are so low.  Do you come here often?  I'm a Taurus.  What's your sign?
     The bush snapped and splintered under the motion of the bull's ocean.  By the time he was done there wasn't a bush left. 
Was it good for you?
     He didn't make any promises as he plopped out a cow pie next to the bush with benefits.  He headed back up the hill.  He never even looked back.
Call me!
    The horses and I watched him until he was out of our sight and then it was back to business.  The horses wandered off to graze and Autumn followed me back to the gate.  But it wasn't back to business for the bush.  There she lay...crushed and alone, next to a pile of bull sh!t. 

Thanks for reading!  Thanks to the readers that have been forwarding my blogs on to friends and posting it on their facebook pages!  We are getting a lot of new readers thanks to you!
I'd like to thank Pam for making me a "blinkie" ( the new blinking icon of Autumn in the pond to the right)!  She has a blog at Snowdrops that is pretty cool...awesome graphics, stories about her beloved pets, gardening and her home back in England.
If you would like to leave a comment or to be added to my mailing list, please contact me at jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.  You can also join my facebook page Jackson Hill Horsey Girl Blog
Copyright (c) 2012 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com July 25, 2012

5 comments:

  1. Tell me.... does the poor dear bull need ....GLASSES ????????????

    :)):)):)):)):))

    Always the best !

    Hugsss
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE TO BE CAREFUL IF YOUR A BUSH THESE DAYS, YOU ARE SUCH A CLEAVER WRITER. ALWAYS ENJOY. KAREN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy A. wrote:

    hillarious

    ReplyDelete
  4. LouAnna P. wrote
    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how about "tree hugging dirt worshiper " so love your blogs. Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.