Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Foot Prints In The Sand

I know what you're thinking and No it's not too late to send in a donation for the American Cancer Society HERO Ride For Life Autumn and I are doing on May 5th.  For more information visit At It Again.  THANKS!!!!! to Paul, Dawn, Andrea & Aaron, Linda & Gordon for their super generous donations!
:-) Margaret & Autumn


FOOT PRINTS IN THE SAND

I just started taking medication that has taken spacing out to the next level.  In the last few weeks if I got a nickel for every time I asked What was I talking about? or Where did I put??? I would have paid off my student loans two days ago.  Not only am I spending a lot of time in left field but I've been getting slammed with fits of absolute exhaustion.  As out there as I am, I refuse to let it get in the way of doing what I normally do.   When Cindy called me up Sunday morning to see if I wanted to go riding with her on the beach I almost turned her down to hang out with the couch and the remote control.  But it was warm out and it was the first day it wasn't  raining in over a month and I had to work the next day so I sucked it up and we headed to the beach. 
Unfortunately, the sun stood us up and the fog left us with the sound of the ocean to guide us.   We saddled up and headed the opposite direction then we normally go in order to have a longer ride.  Autumn was not happy about this unexpected, extended ride and decided to set her pace slower then the line at the DMV.  Trying to keep 1,850 pounds of horse moving in a direction she is not happy about going in is not an easy task.  I was fading with every step I was asking her to take.
 
You can't make me go!
When we reached our turn around point it was like the gates flew open at the Kentucky Derby.  Autumn flew into a wild trot which rolled in to a gallop.  She ran until she didn't feel like and then bopped along in a jerky speed walk . By this point I was past exhaustion.  I had to hold on to the front of the saddle to keep myself upright.  All I had to do was just hang on and make it back to the horse trailer. Then I could rest. 
The fog wrapped around us in a tight circle flanked in nothingness.  Autumn cradled me in her rockerbye stride as the sea sang it's lullaby on the light breeze.  I don't really know what happened but the world just sort of came back to my senses.  I fell asleep on her like a drunk cowboy getting carried home by his trusty steed.  I don't know how I stayed on but I did.  I looked down at Autumn, ambling contently along, blinking in the world around her.  When I faded out, she smoothed her pace, leaving  quiet hoof prints in the sand and luckily not me laying next to them.
The times when you only saw one set of prints in the sand is when I carried you.
~Foot Prints in the Sand
Thanks for reading! To be added to my email list contact me at jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com.
Copyright (c) 2012 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com

9 comments:

  1. I hope you get your energy back soon. Maybe more riding will help.... We can hope, right? Let me know when you want to go to the beach next and if I have a whole day, I'd be happy to come get Autumn!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Margaret I know what you mean....it feels like a personal affront to have your energy zapped.
    In fits and starts and then backwards(full force) mine's coming back after the surgery. Patience?! That just means looking for a distraction while I'm waiting to do what I really wanted to do.
    By the way, thanks so much for your note about Ernie and Delwen. He's a devoted friend. She's still a DIVA.
    Glad you could come up.
    Love your photography. I'll ride vicariously through your blogs for a little while longer! Thank you for your gift of sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just have to trust that someone else will be there to support you, to bring you home safely, when you can't do it for yourself! I especially loved the photos because they reminded me of going to the beach with Andrea and Willy, you and Autumn and Cindy and her horse (Magic I think?) on that foggy day. I have some wonderful photos from that stroll on the beach, great memories!
    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea wrote: "Awesome."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth wrote: "Brain fog--got to love it, cuz you ain't getting rid of it for a while. It will eventually get better."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time you should bring a blanket and a pillow for Autumn's Queen Size back!
    Keep it up Margaret, your gonna have a ton of energy real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sense us relaxing.. and they also are very capable of smelling the chemical change when we are not on song... I will bet you she slowed the instant you nodded off... she took care of you... Rest.... and trust...

    Hugsss

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it back safely and Autumn took care of you. It must be difficult to have those feelings and to still go on,you have such a strong spirit. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your honesty, we all feel sometimes like putting the covers over our head and waking up in a week. I love that you take care of yourself, act as if , and enjoy the things that are important to you,[ AUTUMN and riding.] Weather should be getting really nice there soon. See you soon, also!! Love Laura

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.