Wednesday, January 18, 2012

P.T.S.D. Goat

"I'm going to need the veterinarian to come out right away!  Our goat was attacked by a bear and he's hiding under the deck shaking and won't come out." 
Ugh...a bear attack...never good.  "Is he bleeding?" I asked.
"I don't know, I can't see." a frantic voice replied.
"Okay, I'll send the doctor out right away.  In the meantime, you are going to have to get the goat out from under your deck for the doctor to be of any help."
"Okay. Okay."
I filled the doctor in on the appointment and the doctor rushed around the office grabbing suture and bandage material.  It was only a mater of minutes after I received the phone call that the doctor was on her way. 
Meanwhile, I got busy changing appointment times in order to give the doctor plenty of time to put the goat back together again.  When I had the schedule all reorganized the doctor came driving in.  Not good I thought.  Poor goat probably had to be euthanized it was so bad. 
The doctor walked in and I winced when I asked her how it went. 
"Well, the goat's fine, not a scratch on it."
"Really?"
"It turns out, that the dogs of the goat owner, were going nuts out in their yard which caused them to go outside to see what was wrong.  A big black bear was in their yard just sitting on top of their goat!  Just sitting on it!"
I wonder how many goats could fit under that ba-dunk-a-dunk?
The veterinarian went on to say that the owners made some sort of ruckus and chased the bear off.  Freed from the grizzly prison of buns of steel, the liberated goat B-lined it back to the house hiding itself under the deck.  There wasn't a single ding on him.  The poor little guy was just traumatized.  The veterinarian gave him a little sedative to help him relax but that's about all she could do to calm his little nerves. 
We called a few days later to check in.  He was doing well but still not himself.  Unfortunately, there aren't any self help groups for goats like him to talk out his terrifying experience and to know, that he is not alone.
Okay.  Who wants to share first?  Come on.  We're all here for the same reason.  No one is going to judge you. 
How about you?  Sitting all alone.  What's your story?
Thanks for reading!  If you would like to be added to my mailing list please email me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com.
Copyright (c) 2012 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com  




13 comments:

  1. Was the goat an Angora, they're very soft so maybe that's why the bear was sitting on him. Honestly, you really can't make stuff like this up. Hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Oh gosh, I guess the bear was just waiting for the goat to say, "UNCLE!" I love the self-help group... I've got to recommend it to ALL the Nubians next door. Hey Mags, I think you're going to need a group after all you've been through with this job! Thanks for making me LAUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! This is fantastic! I've been enjoying your other blog posts as well :) Great writing style too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys loved it! Except I had to explain what euthanized meant to Chase. Thanks for the early morning laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I THINK THEY SHOULD FORM A NEW GROUP AND CALL IT GERTIFRYED ANONOMOUS .THE GOATS WOULD COME FROM EVERYWHERE FREE MILK GOTCH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha poor goat!!!!!! Lol that pic of the bear is funny. Very cute story & funny...definitely one of my new favorites of your blogs!!!!!! Love Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, another great essay! In fact, I just read over a number of them. You are really a great writer - everthink of putting these alltogether and seeing if you could get something published? Some of your stories, especially the Vet experiences, are really hysterical! Since I know Autumn and many of the "ranch girls", I can picture all the horse experiences and adventures! Always an enjoyable part of my morning when I find another blog from you!
    ~Ansmom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic blog, you are getting better and better with your stories. This was great, too funny!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hardly type for laughing !!!!!!!

    Poor goat.......

    **Giggllleeeeeeeeeee**

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. "OMGoddess so adorable, you live such an interesting life, thanks you so much for sharing.."

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Haha, that is hilarious!"

    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. "lolol"

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny this is one of stories I am going to think of in a crowd of strangers and laugh out loud by myself. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.