Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Tales of The Metropolitan Redneck Sisters Part 3-Milk, Cookies and Dance House Club Music

Time was kicking the days right off the calender to the date when Katy was set to make her way back across the country.  I was exhausted but determined not to waste a single minute while she was still here.  With Easter being such a huge success (check out http://jacksonhillhorseygirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/tales-of-metropolitan-redneck-sisters_08.html), coming up with something to top it was going to be a tough one.  How do you top shooting pink plastic flamingos and pegging the forest with Easter eggs?  You add dance music and Double Stuffed Oreos, that's how.
Katy was ready, like I had asked, when I rolled into her driveway.  She had no idea what my plan was and before she could ask I said "Take a look in the back seat."  Her face beamed like I had a pony on Christmas morning shoved in the backseat for her.  Piled behind us were two jumbo cartons of of eggs, a box of Double Stuffed Oreos and two milk juice boxes, one was chocolate because she loves chocolate milk.  We drove out of town and headed up over the mountains opposite the ranch.  We pulled over at a sound-of-music spot and whipped out the milk and cookies. 
All this place needs is some milk, cookies & some babes.
We, shamelessly, pigged out on cookies and sipped our milk as we watched a bike rider huff and puff his way up the road.  We talked and ate until we said we would never eat Double Stuffeds ever again and then we double stuffed ourselves back in the truck. 
When the scenery was lost to the shade of the trees we rolled down the windows and turned on the "Dance House Club" play list on the ipod. Katy pulled the eggs out of the backseat and let them ride shot gun.  The song "I Wanna Go Crazy" came on and that's when we went crazy (here's the link to the song if you want to go crazy for the rest of this blog  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vigA7yWue58 ).  So we pumped up the volume, took a shot of milk from our juice boxes and let the eggs fly from the nest. 

Oh yeah, we pulled over and brought the game to this mountain's face.
No sign was left unmolested...unless we missed.  We chucked the eggs in front of the truck, at stumps, the yellow lines on the road and at the sun.  We bopped around to the music riding a milk juice box, Double Stuffed Oreo high until the cartons were empty.
Katy stopped her dance bop when she saw the eggs were no more.  That's when I pulled out one last surprise for my little sister... a bag of over ripened California avocados.  Once again, my sister looked at me like I was truly the most amazing sister in the world.  She threw those avocados against the "No Trespassing Sign" with a careful calculation adding up to making her big sister proud.  And she did.  I am and have always been proud of her. No one can chuck an avocado like my sister.  No one.  

Thanks for reading!  If you would like to be added to my email list or if you are unable to leave a comment you can send it to me and I will post it for you at jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com.

Copyright (c) 2011 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Gawd I remember pelting cars with avocados on Haloween.... until we hit a CHP cruiser But theron hangs another tale. Yours was terrific! Just love it when you say horsey girl has been at it again! I look forward to your blog!
    Good Job!
    Best,
    Chris Beere

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank god you guys are are apart for a bit....I think the carnage was starting to take its toll on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was laughing & Crying all at once reading this. There is nothing like booty shacking & chucking eggs on a beautiful California day with your sister/best friend. Beautifully written Margaret I felt like a just relived the whole day. I LOVED it! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    love, Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! I am happy you two get to share those special sister moments. Those softball years paid off for Katy.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.