Wednesday, May 1, 2013

That Obvious?

     Five fifteen a.m. and  I was already running behind.  I turned the shower on and jumped in while I thought it was warming up.  As it turned out, it was as warmed up as it was going to get.  I cursed out the shower through chattering teeth, as I speed shampooed and got the heck out there.  I towel dried my hair and as I tried to make it look like I paid some sort of attention to it, my hair brush flew out of my hand and landed in the toilet.  Screw it...it was going to be a pony tail day. 
    I went into the kitchen and had a drink of water and took one of my pills.  That's  funny, I thought.  Why does my pill taste like meat?  Luckily, something kick started in my brain and I spit my out one of my dog's incontinence pills. 
     Time was gaining on me and I wanted out to get out of the house before something else could happen.  I ran down the deck stairs and right into a pile of dog cocky.  After some crafty stick poop picking out from the tread of my boot I finally made it up to the barn to feed and do some more jumbo sized poop picking in the stalls. I did manage to squeak out a little time to take my horse, Autumn, for a walk.  We walked for a few minutes in sunshiny, bird singing harmony before we almost got creamed by a fleet of three lost tree trimming trucks flying up the road looking up at power lines instead of the road. 
     Somehow, I made it to work alive and on time.  Things quieted down at work and I was happy to assist the doctor when he needed help holding some baby goats for their appointment.   They were adorable, wiggly little critters and they gave me quite a workout holding on to them for their procedure.  By the end of the appointment, my shirt, arms and hands were covered in baby goat messes.  The goat owner was very sweet when she looked at me and asked if I have ever used Rescue Remedy (Rescue Remedy is a natural remedy made from flower essences to deal with stressful situations and help us relax, get focused and to bring about calmness).  She pulled out a bottle of Rescue Remedy from her pocket and insisted that I keep it.  Standing there, covered in baby goat mess, I accepted the gift whole heartedly and with purest sincerity, I thanked her for the gift. 
Do these come in a venti?
Thank you to all of the folks that so generously made donations to sponsor Autumn and I in the American Cancer Society's HERO Ride for Life coming up this Saturday.  We are just $150 shy of reaching our goal of $1,000.  If you are in the area and would like to donate, you can drop one off at the vet office.  Thanks again for everyone contributing to such a great cause.  It's pretty cool how we can all pull together to make a difference!

Thanks for reading!  If you would like to leave a comment or to be added to my email list please contact me at jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.

Copyright (c) 2013 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com May 1, 2013

5 comments:

  1. Still laughing..... its so good not to feel as if I am alone in a world that contrives to hate me at 6am !!

    I believe Dr Bach's can be ordered by the tanker load !!!

    As to your Blog having gone Global... Nahhh .... GALACTIC !!!

    BattleStar Autumna !!!

    Enjoy Saturday.. and know you take our thanks and love with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladies at Humboldt Herbals have been super good to me. They are really helpful. And have great teas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, have you checked planetary alignment for that day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth T.

    Had a laughing fit when I got to the part about the pill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea wrote: "I loooooove rescue remedy!"

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.