Thursday, October 13, 2011

Adrenaline Junkies Come In All Sizes

Hi!
Autumn and I are at it again! 
Autumn and I are participating in a Saddle Up for St. Jude event benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  The trail ride is on Saturday, October 29th at Redwood National Park in Orick. The money we raise will help St. Jude Children's Hospital find new treatments for cancer and other catastrophic diseases. We are hoping to raise $1,000 and we would love your help.  You can donate online at the following link: Donate on Margaret & Autumn's Behalf
or, you can email me if you would like to send a check to: Jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com
No donation is too big or too small. 
Thanks for helping us help a great cause!
Margaret & Autumn


Adrenaline Junkies Come In All Sizes
The other morning, as usual, I was bouncing over the ranch's dimpled dirt road late for work.  I was keeping an eye on Lilly, my crazy running maniac pooch, as she sprinted side by side with my front tire when something caught my other eye.
What the hell is that?
I slowed to a safer speed, not wanting to run my own dog over, to get a better look at the thing that was stuck on my windshield.  Balanced on my passenger side windshield wiper was a little mouse.  Like a mini surfer on a wave he flowed with the changing currents of the road.  He hung ten over the windshield wiper blade, coasting with the swell of the car, as the wind blew in his face. 

Totally Stoked!
 He was in the zone.  But, the tide had to change for this little extreme windshield wiper rider.  I had to get to work.  I pulled over, got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side.  He looked up at me, no fear in his eyes and stayed on his surfing windshield wiper.  He didn't want his endless summer to end.  "I'm sorry I have to your kick you off your wave little dude."  On his own, he scooted on to the  magazine and I lowered him down to the grass.  He sat there a minute, looking at my car before he scurried off into the forest.  As I drove off to work I wondered why that little guy climbed up there in the first place.  Had he done this before with anyone else?  He was a cool little guy, I hope catches a ride with me again someday.

Thanks for reading!  If you would like to be added to my mailing list or would like to send me a comment you can do so by emailing me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@gmail.com.
Copyright (c) 2011 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com 

3 comments:

  1. You have amazingly found the world renowned,famous, mysterious, and current animal world professional surfing champion, known as Surf Mouse/. He (his man feets are legendary) Everyone thought he had retired and will be happy to know he has come out of retirement and preparing, on your car of all places, for next year's contest. Of course everyone is joyous but his competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not everyday you get to see a cool little mouse surfing on your car. Must be one of those CA surfer mice. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I want him as a pet, great photos!!!! Cute story Margaret! Love, Katy

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.