Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Barnyard Fever

  Barnyard Fever...it happens.  Occasionally, we get calls at the veterinary hospital concerning some of our bi-curious barnyard patients pushing the boundaries of interspecies relationships.  We have had pigs humping dogs, dogs humping cats, bulls humping bushes and so on.  You never know who's going to come out of the closet at the stable.
Hey baby, I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
 
    On one particular day, I received a call from a man who had panic in his voice as he told me that his goat had been attacked by a dog.  I got the vital information and told him to bring the goat in right away.  I asked if he knew who owned the dog to be sure that it was vaccinated for rabies.  It turned out that he owned the dog and he proceeded to explain the events that led up to the attack.  He had a female goat and a male goat that lived peacefully with his large male dog (both male animals were fixed).  He explained that the dog and the female goat sort of had a thing and would hook up once and a while.  Well, on this day, as they were hooking up, the male goat decided to join in on the barnyard boogie and hooked up with the dog.  This was not cool with the dog.  The dog was OK with girl goats, but wasn't into the whole dude goat, threesome thing.  And that, is how we got our eleven o'clock emergency appointment that day.  The little guy made a full recovery.  I just don't know if he will ever be immune to the barnyard fever.

Thanks for reading.  If you would like to be added to my mailing list or to contact me please email me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.

Copyright (c) 2014  Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com March 26, 2014

4 comments:

  1. Bawd or not "boring".... sorry.. could have but didnt want to resist !!!!!!!!

    :)):)):))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring must be in the air!!!! Wow, I never new it was a free for all in the barn animal kingdom.
    Fun read!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Margaret!
    Yes, I do read your weekly entries and I so look forward to them. Thanks for sweatin’ away your Wednesday nights to tell us your inspired stories, which are the best way for me to keep in touch with my Humboldt county milieu. I went to the Answord blog and started reading it, too, and now I’m trying to decipher who writes it. Is it your sister? She looks very familiar to me.
    Meanwhile, keep that keyboard busy! The rest of the world needs you!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA !!! Glad the goat recovered not sure about the farmer. Always enjoy. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.