Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Finding the Stillness

   There was no sun to set.   The grayness of the day blotted into night.  Autumn had carried me down the road before I had noticed that I was riding her.  The day's shortcomings had crept into the saddle with us. I felt my tension return to me through Autumn's reins. 
     I took a deep breath and held it until I could see the forest grow in shadows around us.  I exhaled and felt Autumn inhale.  Frogs sang over the silence.  Hoof beats stepped on stones and over stars adrift in puddles.  Seas fell from the swollen creeks off the mountain's sides.  Stillness found me on the back of my horse. 


Stars drift on puddles
Frogs sing over the silence
Hoof beats step on stones.
Thanks for reading!  If you would like to get in touch with me or would like to be added to my mailing list please email me at Jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.

Copyright (c) 2014 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com February 19, 2014
 

4 comments:

  1. The hardest thing for most of us is to listen to the Silence... to HEAR the Silence.... and find our Peace in it.

    Hugsssssssssssssss
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful best medicine ever. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea wrote: "Very nice."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy wrote: "Sounds like a rough week. Thank goodness for our 4 legged tharapists!! One thing you can always count on in the roller coaster of life, change is always around the next curve."

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.