Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Above The Clouds

     The stars were out as the edges of the ridge opposite us leaned against the green light the morning was growing into.  It had been weeks of waking up with the fog stealing time away from the sunrises.  I was awake.  I left the house and ran through the barn feeding, cleaning and turning out until I had left myself a half hour to ride out on Autumn.  
      Lilly and Shep, the ranch dogs, led the way down the trail as Autumn chased them from behind.  The sun rose over the mountains and it's rays thatched themselves through the trees as we rode past.
 

   Our shadows joined us after weeks of being held captive in the fog.
     The clip clop of her hooves left minutes of our ride floating away in the dust.  I halted Autumn at the over look.  I let myself feel the sunrise, golden and fair, warm my skin.  Autumn caught the copper light in her eyes. The rhythm of her breathing floated gently through me, light as a butterfly on a breeze.  The dogs laid down beside us already dozing.  Town was buried in the fog below, unaware that a girl with her horse and two sleepy dogs sat above their clouds, warm and wonderful.     


Thanks for reading! Please send this on to your friends if you like. You can be added to my mailing list or can send any comments to Jacksonhillhorseygirl@aol.com.

Copyright (c) 2013 Jacksonhillhorseygirl.com August 14, 3013


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful.... on the wings of sunbeams may your Spirits soar....

    Hugss

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL prose, Margaret!! Beautiful! LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful absolutely beautiful
    Love you ain't k

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~Rosemary B:What a lovely picture you've painted with words.

    ~Stacey D: You have a real knack for writing girl.

    ~Laura Z: What a gift! As it says in Ecclesiastes, "Light is SWEET and it pleases the eye to see the sun."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading all your blogs!
    ~Anne Caplan

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Jackson Hill Horsey Girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.